New Due Dates!!!!!!!!!!!

Due Friday, December 21st at the end of 7th period:

- All of your note cards. Do not print these. Any source that you used in your paper must have at least one note card on www.noodletools.com.

- A printed copy of your annotated bibliography. Go to your list in NoodleTools. Click "Save as a Word Document." Formatting Options are as follows:

Current Setting (click to edit)
List Title:
Annotated List of Works Consulted
Page Header:
Your last name here (followed by one space and the page number)
Italics/Underlining:
Underlining
Annotation Spacing:
Annotation starts on a new line
Include:
Citations and annotations

Then click "Export and Print."

Then, on the print screen, "click here" and choose "save," then "open."

Add an MLA style heading, save, and then print your document. I WILL BE COLLECTING THIS AT THE END OF THE PERIOD ON FRIDAY!!!

Due Wednesday, December 26th @ 11:59pm:

Rough draft uploaded to www.turnitin.com to the assignment labeled Research Paper, Revision 7 (6g). Remember: the rough draft is 50% of your second quarter grade, and it will be graded with the same standards as a final draft. Don't forget to add your "Works Cited" page to the end of your paper.

Calendar

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sample 400 Word Essay

At the age of four, my stained white t-shirt proudly bore the name Trottier with the number 19 across its back. Those flower print, iron-on decals may not have made my dingy t-shirt into an authentic Islander jersey, but those letters and numbers marked my roots as a fan.
During my own struggles as an aspiring athlete, I looked to the Islanders for inspiration, for hope, for a hero. I learned that superstars are made of raw talent and dedication. I learned that not-so-super stars are made of practice-until-you-vomit and perseverance. I learned you may not always be popular for your actions, but that the perception of others cannot affect your performance. I also learned that teams are made of unity and loyalty.
I never became an athlete, but the lessons I learned were not without merit.
Bryan Trottier and Mike Bossy were stars because they had raw talent and dedication. My talent is not in sports. I find my strength in scholarship, and I am dedicated to my love of language.
Patrick Flatley was no Pat LaFontaine, but he earned the respect of his team and his fans because he worked harder than any other player I have ever seen. His perseverance made him a star in his own right. My perseverance has brought me where I am today. I’m proud to be an English teacher, and I refuse to give up my bigger dream to become a writer, no matter what the cost.
Tom Poti may not be the most popular player on the Islanders. Maybe cheers from the fans aren’t as loud for Poti, but that doesn’t mean his talent and hard work go unrecognized by his coaches or by his teammates. He succeeds in his play, holding the most ice time of any Islander. In order to succeed in my arena, I make decisions based on what I believe is right, not by what is popular.
This year, the Islanders made the playoffs. Some say it was a miracle; some, a fluke. Fans know that they made it because when it counted the most, the Islanders became a unified team. Working as a teacher, I have learned that my best work is not my work alone. That comes from the collaboration of my team of colleagues.

These lessons have made the difference in my life.
Hockey has made the difference in my life.

After all, we’re all Islanders.

No comments: